Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Encouragement from God's word

Today I was reading LPM's blog and I was really struck by a verse referenced:

"For what is our hope, our joy, or the crown in which we will glory in the presence of our Lord Jesus when he comes? Is it not you? Indeed, you are our glory and joy" (1 Thessalonians 2:19-20).

In the last several days, in particular, I have been struck with the awesome responsibility of being like Christ in Ethan's life. I am so thankful for the wisdom of my mother who wisely reminds us that our first mission field, as a mother, is in the home with our children. I know I am wholly inadequate but my God is sufficient. My hope and prayer is that this verse will be true of Ethan. What a blessing that would be!

1 comment:

  1. That's beautiful Rachel. That verse ties in a lot with The Inheritance study Beth Moore is doing right now!

    ReplyDelete