Friday, February 20, 2009

Vegetable Tart Provencal

Ok, I love to cook! My mom was always great about including us in the cooking process so from an early age I've known how to make some Butler family staples to include: Marilyn's chocolate chip cookies, Butler birthday cake (angel food cake with strawberry filling), whipped cream, etc...Thankfully I have also been blessed with a husband that loves food and loves my cooking and is very vocal in his encouragement:)! Unlike other areas of my life, namely all of them;), I am a culinary risk-taker! I mix recipes, create my own, serve new recipes at dinner parties and to my in-laws:). As I try new recipes and find ones that we love I plan on posting them on the blog and maybe you can help me to perfect them. Ok, so I created a few recipes this past week based on some of my cravings and this is one of them:

Vegetable Tart Provencal

This recipe would work well as a rich brunch or lunch food, enjoy!
1 Refrigerated Pizza crust
1/2 C Artichoke Hearts
1/2 C Grape/Cherry Tomatoes
1/2 C Chopped Spinach
3-4 T Goat Cheese, crumbled
4-5 T Olive Oil
1 T Flour
Salt & Pepper to taste

Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Place your tomatoes, 3-4 T of olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste, in a plastic bag and shake to coat the tomatoes. Place the tomatoes on a baking sheet or in a roasting pan for 30 minutes to roast. While the tomatoes roast, brush your tart pan with olive oil and dust with flour to prevent the crust from sticking. Roll the pizza dough out onto the tart pan and pat into the pan, making sure to cut off any access dough. Pierce the center of the dough with a fork repeatedly to prevent the crust from puffing in the center. Remove the tomatoes from the oven and let cool. Bake the crust for 7-9 minutes until it appears cooked but still pale. Remove the crust and top it evenly with the artichokes, roasted tomatoes, spinach and goat cheese. Once the tart is topped, bake it for 10-12 minutes or until the goat cheese is slightly toasted and the crust has a golden hue. Wait 5 minutes before removing the tart from your tart and cut with a pizza wheel.


No comments:

Post a Comment