Thursday, April 29, 2010

...One last blouse...for now


This should be final blouse to sew for a good long while. I have had fun participating in Made by Rae's Spring Top Week and the entry period ends tomorrow! I submitted all 3 of my blouses that I've made in the past 2 months, per the rules...plus I had never made a blouse for myself before that:), and I think I'm ready to move on to other sewing projects. I have made other things of course, some I still need to take pictures of, and some need to be completed! This blouse is made from red cotton gauze fabric from Simplicity pattern 2594, view A. I made the matching belt that went with it but it made it look like a cheesy mall top...you know the ones I'm talking about. I sort of liked it with a wide braided brown belt slung around the hips but alas, even after childbirth my hips are a little too narrow to show any waist definition in a drapey blouse belted at the hip area. I like the tunic as is with skinny jeans or leggings.
I LOVE the gather and back yoke of this blouse!

The wind kept distorting the neckline. It's not assymetrical, but it is meant to drape thanks to the oversized neckline and shoulder pleats.

Now, what should I make next?...



5 comments:

  1. What a cute outfit! I love the blouse, especially the back pleating detail. You look very hollywood :) Your hair looks fabulous too....maybe I should start stretching haircuts to every 6 months and make a nashville trek for your guy :)

    I think you should make Baby D's room decor next....or a sling....or a cover for (insert baby gear)...or a Summer Dress (you know I prefer the maxi version, but for you something else)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so talented! I'm most impressed...almost enough to want to learn how. Almost. :)

    Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it!! And love the boots...you're faaaaan-cy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH I love the top! I posted a new translated instructions here. They are a bit more readable.

    http://www.bernina.com/3series/pdf/BERNINA_3er_Serie_Kleid_2_EN.pdf

    ReplyDelete