Saturday, April 4, 2009

And we're reading! Well...being read to at least:).

Ethan has not held much interest in books previously so I haven't pushed it. Don't get me wrong, he loves to talk and be talked to but I think it was the fact that it was happening at night, NOT his favorite time of the day. So he has seemed ready and listened to Joel read some of his book the other day so we bought some of his own books today! He happily sat through Where the Wild Things Are , a small picture book, and a chapter from The Jesus Storybook Bible.
Where the Wild Things Are is a childhood favorite and this was Ethan's first time to hear it! Granted, I don't think he has truly experienced the book until he's heard a reading from his Mimi...she pretty much does some of the best book voices ever...The Very Busy Spider well, you just haven't truly experienced it unless you've been read it by The Very Busy Spider ala Marilyn, er, Mimi!
It was also the first chapter of The Jesus Storybook Bible that Ethan listened to and what an important one it was, about the Fall of Man! If you haven't seen the storybook bible I strongly recommend it! It was a lovely gift from The Pitts and we have thoroughly enjoyed its content as well as it's beautiful illustrations:).


1 comment:

  1. I love this post..it is so very Rachel! AND I am happy to see that you are continuing on the tradition of great storytelling time (it makes me happy). Also, love the new Rachel stamp doo-dad....it makes me want to start a blog just so I can have one too!

    ReplyDelete